045 Have you ever put a ton of energy and work into chess…but your results failed to match your expectations? So, you became frustrated. Dejected. Maybe even disillusioned with the process.
This is the potential downside that comes with a passion for chess:
That happened to my guest, Omar Mills.
Omar is my inaugural adult improver guest (it’s about time I feature some fellow adult club players!) He has been serious about chess for the past two years, studying and playing for hours nearly every day.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A healthier way to approach chess improvement beyond just chasing ratings and wins.
- When the magic of The Queen’s Gambit clashes with reality, what keeps you excited about the game?
- A “chess genie” tells Omar he can have any one chess wish he wants, what does he ask for? (Spoiler: he has two wishes.)
Want to join my exclusive community for adult chess improvers?
Chess Improver Monthly offers:
- Group coaching & game review from titled players to help your chess.
Submit guest questions & private episode discussions for The Chess Experience Podcast.
- Live video chats w/ me & fellow adult improvers to have fun & stay motivated.
- Much more!
Check out all the membership benefits here.
Where to Find Omar:
The Morphy book referenced in the episode.
>> Join my official FREE club for The Chess Experience on Chess.com<< (PROMOTION)