The Romanian-American Powerhouse: WGM Sabina Foisor
November 22, 2022
043 Born in Romania. Daughter of two International Masters. The young chess star, WGM Sabina Foisor, moved to America as a young adult and conquered the women’s chess scene by winning the 2017 US Women’s Championship.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What it’s like growing up in a chess family with high expectations for success.
- The emotional journey of preparing & competing for the 2017 US Women’s Championship while her mother became seriously ill.
- Improvement questions on pawn structures, the “right time” to trade queens, and creating an opening repertoire that excites you.
- The surprising career Sabina would’ve attempted if not for chess.
Want to join my exclusive community for adult chess improvers?
Chess Improver Monthly offers:
- Group coaching & game review from titled players to help your chess.
Submit guest questions & private episode discussions for The Chess Experience Podcast.
- Live video chats w/ me & fellow adult improvers to have fun & stay motivated.
- Much more!
Check out all the membership benefits here.
More from Sabina:
>> Join my official FREE club for The Chess Experience on Chess.com<< (PROMOTION)