034 Carissa is a shining star. The youngest American woman to earn the IM title. Winner of the 2021 US Women’s Championship. Top-ranked female US player in 2019.
If that weren’t enough, Carissa is the youngest female ever to beat a Grandmaster (she did so at age ten.)
Even with so many accomplishments, Carissa remains humble and down-to-Earth.
And she has a great sense of humor.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What caused her sudden rating climb?
- The ups and downs of her 5-year journey to win the US Women’s Championship.
- Her first-ever experience competing in the 2002 Chess Olympiad.
- Will she try to earn the GM title while in college?
Want to join my exclusive community for adult chess improvers?
Chess Improver Monthly offers:
- Group coaching & game review from titled players to help your chess.
Submit guest questions & private episode discussions for The Chess Experience Podcast.
- Live video chats w/ me & fellow adult improvers to have fun & stay motivated.
- Much more!
Check out all the membership benefits here.
Follow Carissa Here:
>> Join my official FREE club for The Chess Experience on Chess.com<< (PROMOTION)